Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Mastermind and The Midnight Mower

For those of you that dont know me (which im sure is everybody) Im Mason. Im a freshmen in the drumline (snare), here in Kingwood, Texas. (Hence the drum-pun title). If you dont know, a paradiddle is a percussion thing... I love to listen to music of all kinds, good music is good music. I play set in my church youth worship band, and trust in God with all my life.I have a wonderful girlfriend of over a year, Hannah, whom I love with all my heart. And babe, whenever you read this, sorry I gave you a male cat and told you it was female... (sorry for the humiliation). I know some of you think Im a dork for naming my blog with a drum-pun, (Hannah), but whatever, because I do what I want, so back off. ;)

My blog was inspired by Kourtelynne Smith, aka the best drum major ever. Love for the Small Loud Panter Proud KPHS Marching Band!! As I mentioned, Im in the Kingwood Park Marching Band. I love not only listening to music, but making it as well. We all need something to feel like were doing something worth doing in this life, so why not entertain others and make them happy while having some fun yourself at the same time?? Band is my thing. Being a part of the drumline and band during band camp since August 1 has made the journey into the really important part of my student career we all know as High School (or Senior High for all you middle-agers out there), not only a change, but a reinvention of what I stand for.


I question things alot, just cuz. Lots of things need questioning, like the weather man having an ear to ear smile on his face as he announces a devastating hurricane approaching the coast. Or the guy across the street mowing his lawn at 12:30 AM... (yes thats really happening right now). Like why would you do that?? Its Labor Day weekend, its not like you couldnt find time during the day to do this! Could you not sleep knowing that your grass was an eighth of an inch too tall?

Coming into this, I had no idea what I was gonna write about, but my fingers just keep typing without ever filtering the words through my head. But mabye thats what blogs are right? A place to just talk and rant to people looking for a good laugh. And Im ok with that, cuz to be honest, alot of stuff I talk about on a daily basis is pretty funny. Not because Im trying to be, because apparently Im not funny at all when i try to do that. (Hannah again. Sorry babe love ya!!). So as my laptop battery creeps into the black hole of powerlessness, Im really looking forward to doing this, just for some downtime to talk. Thanks for listning, hope Im entertaining everybody :)

No comments:

Post a Comment